Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Hello family!! I am going to keep it kind of short because I will be talking to you in just a few days. I think I will still call at about ten, but just in case the people that would like to hear my very beautiful voice should probably get there a little bit early. Ya I will kind of do it like with Mother's Day. I will call and give you the phone number and then you guys call back and then we talk it up. :0)

Well we are getting ready for our event at the mall. The other Elders have decided that I should be Santa. (Really??? They couldn't find a fatter Santa....don't worry Indonesians, Santa isn't really 6 feet tall and food deprived!!) So I get to dress up as Santa and make a fool of myself, but it's all ok. I want to make the Indonesian people happy and they are always happy to see a bule(I'm assuming this means an American, or a white boy!) make a fool of himself. Then we are having a Christmas party at the church as well. The advice from President was to spend Christmas day visiting the members and sharing the Christmas spirit with them.

I was forced to sing Jingle Bells for the English class last night. Oh ya before I forget again, it has been about a week now but, my retainer broke and no one in Indonesia can fix it. I even had President try in Jakarta, the biggest city here. Anyways I am going to be looking for a place that can make a new one for fairly cheap. I will keep you updated.

Well that's about it just be ready with questions or what ever on Christmas morning around 10. Love you guys!
Elder Kyle

Ohh before I forget I will answer mom's questions. My area is pretty big, it is still considered a kota besar (big city). We have divided it into to sections west and east. East is the city, West is the hills. So we have the worst part of it because it is hot and there are lots of hills!! Now it is normal though. It takes about 10 minutes from our house to get to church, so not very far. Love you!

No comments: