Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another week

Hey fam, hows it goin'? The mission is going great, the language is getting better. I love it here in Indonesia. I am not going to lie, the fruit is a lot better here. One of my favorite things is fresh fruit juice. You can find them just on the side of the road. It's great. As for fast food there are 3 that I have seen regularly. First McDonald's, second KFC, third Papa Ron's pizza (which I am not actually sure we have in America). I have eaten at KFC a couple of times and Papa Ron's twice. Can't do it often because it waste all my money. :0) Oh and last time I didn't answer dad's question about family home evening and teaching it to people. We talk about families a lot to Muslim people, because we can't teach them the lessons unless we have permission from President Marchant. This week has been pretty good Pak Setiabudi came to church again. We teach him at least two times a week. Right know we have a hard time because we are in two areas and trying to keep both alive. We are doing good though. New missionaries should be here July 15 and I will probably get a new companion because my companion has almost been in Banjarsari for 9 months. So his time is coming up.

Today we went on another long bike ride, to the same place, but we ate some where different. I am starting to like fish. One thing that is going to be hard for me when I get home is to use utensils again. Your hands are just so much more convenient. :0)

Well that's about it from this side today. I have been reading about Samuel the Lamanite, sorry for the wrong spelling, but the only thing coming to mind is Bang Salaman. For more details you will have to wait until I bring my study journal, next time. Here is a question for you, in the Bible how did Elijah get his priesthood and also where from?

Love you all!
Elder Kyle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elder Topham:
It sounds like you are doing great!!!
If you keep eating fresh fruits and fish all the time you will be more healthy than anyone in my family.
I'm glad to hear that you are still teaching the person who starts with a "S". Has he been able to stop smoking yet? We will continue to pray for him and you too!!! We are very proud of you and your sacrifice to go on a mission. What might just seem as "another week" to you is changing the lives of many people.
You're awesome....and we love you
Aunt Susie and Uncle Darryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Elder Kyle, I want to wish you a happy birthday. I am so glad the work is going well. two areas, amazing. We love you. Aunt Joella

Melanie said...

Happy Happy birthday Brother dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had one wish then it would be....
A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FROM US!!! (Sorry couldn't make that rhyme...you know me!)
We love ya...hope you have (well had, since it's already over!) a great day!!!
Love Your sister!!! The girls!!! And Robert too!

Anonymous said...

Okey, I think I understand this blogging stuff now. Two talks with Tricia and two tries to write, I think I have got it. Well, maybe not. i have been resting after my neck operation. ( In other words I have been lazy. lazy,lazy.)I loved watching the volley matches in Cedar. It was wonderful seeing everyone. They all looked great and palyed well. I would agree that they looked better before the matches than afterwards, especially Susan. You know she is getting up there in yesrs, kinda like your Mom. Me, I am still forty-seven and plan to stay that way for twenty years. I will be in Cedar for the Forth of July. I keep remembering the pipe canons you made, and all the fun we had watching you try to fire them. This year would be near as entertaining. I plan to visit the north Utah temples at the end of the month. I have never been inside the Salt Lake Temple.I can hardly wait. Pray for us , we are certainly praying for You! Love, Aunt Joella

Daylemarie said...

Elder Topham,
Hey I been in Cedar some much lately I have really been thinking about you and how the work is going. I am glad to hear that you are getting over typhoid. I tell you a little secret I learned on my mission. Never tell your mom anything until you get home. My mom worried all the time about me and if i was ok. How is the work? Sounds like there are a lot of muslims. That has to be pretty hard. If the weather is nice it seems like people are more receptive. At least that was the case in Bolivia. WHat's the food like? Things are going well here in St. George. School went well and basketball is good. I don't know if you heard, but we are having another girl around Thanksgiving. Well, hope all is well and that you are enjoying your mission. Be safe. Love you, Ryan and Daylemarie
p.s. Happy Birthday