Thursday, June 18, 2009

English Class

Ok ya so things here have been going pretty good, me and my companion are now in two branches which makes the work all that much harder. Because now we have two white boards of investigators/inactive members. I think we should be able to hold out until next month when the new missionaries come. Our investigator Setiabudi came to church and then the next time we taught him, which I think was Monday, we asked him how he felt about church. He said he likes the doctrine of our church, and we were teaching the last three principles of lesson 3. So we decided to give him the baptismal commitment. He accepted, one problem he smokes. So we are now on the road of helping prepare for baptism on the date we gave him almost 2 months away. It is great though he has the desire to be baptised, but smoking is always a hard thing to stop. Other investigators are biasa ( common ). Don't really know their needs or desires yet.
It has been kind of weird living in a really big house with only two people now. Having a cell phone is weird too, I still kind of freak out when ever it rings. :0)
New experience, now in solo there is me and a sister that teach English and usually the sisters teach the children, but she didn't want to teach two child's classes so I told her I would teach one.

(I'm sure this is similar...maybe he is in a building...not so rural? I don't know tho!)



It was an experience, there was no way to make them quiet or sit down. They would sit and be quite for like 2 seconds then they would be up and running around. Needless to say I lasted about 30 mins out of the hour. Then I just told them to go play out side and they were happy. Now tonight I teach the grown up class and she teaches the kids. Well other than that nothing much has happened, it is nice to hear from other members of the family.


Love you guys!

Elder Kyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teaching English huh?...sounds like you will follow your Mom in a career in Elementary Education. It must be in our genes. And we can't believe you are preparing someone for baptism in 2 months. We will pray that he will be able to stop smoking and make his goal. Keep us informed of his progress.
Yesterday we had a family team play volleyball in the summer games. It was soooo much fun. Even your Mom was listed on our roster in case of injuries. We won the silver medal!!! This was thanks to the great play of Christel, Natalie, Alisa, Amber (Reeds Granddaughter) Delmarie, and not so much me. Plus we had the cheering section of Joella, Trisha, Bruce, Jamie, Darryl, Tank, Marilyn, and Ryan. It was a fun but tiring. Look for picutres on Natalies blog. We are so proud of you and example you set for our family. It means alot to us that our grandchildren have you to look to for a great example of accepting a most difficult call from the Lord and entirely succeeding. We love you and pray for you.
Uncle Darryl and Aunt Susie