Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back to Normal!

Hey hows it goin'? Things here are going great. I am back up to full health, I got my blood tested again and all is normal. I am still a little tired, but that is normal too. That would be because most of our investigators live at the top of a giant hill. So we ride our bikes up it almost every day. I am also glad you ate a churo in my honor (at Disneyland), they are the best. Speaking of food, today all the elders and sisters are going to the novatel. It is a big hotel and we are going to eat the "monster burger", which by the name is huge and if you can eat it in a half an hour you get it for free! I am way excited! Me and Elder Peate went into training the last couple of days. Last night I ate almost a whole loaf of bread in like 25 mins and drank a whole bunch of water so the bread would expand my stomach. Then this morning went on a bike ride after eating very little, to cause hunger. I think I am going to be able to do it. :0) I will take lots of pictures so that you can see what it's like. So be ready for it next week!

The work here is good, sometimes it is a little harder, being on a bike and all. We will go to an investigator or a referrals house and they won't be there, but that is what a back up plan is for. I must really start memorizing the ways to our investigator and stuff, because my companion is going to be moving soon, and since he has been here for 7 months he pretty much knows everything. So I am using that to my advantage and asking a lot of questions about the area, names of members; it is a lot for my brain to handle in a short time. It is coming along though. We have added a lot of investigators to the 'later' pile or the 'reject' pile. So now pretty much all are investigators are new, from people we contacted or referrals and a lot of them have potential. I also had my first run in with a pendeta, like a pastor, from another church! It was great fun. He was one that rejected, needless to say. Oh and last night I ate an assortment of food that was all made from mushrooms! Mushroom sate, fried mushroom, and this other thing that was mushroom smothered in some kind of sauce. It was all very tasty and it was free from our investigator that owns the place!! I have also eaten dog for sure now and I have to say it is different, but it is very good. Sorry a little off track there. So we have been teaching a lot of lesson ones lately. Ya well I'm running out of things to talk about, time I think is almost out so. I am glad mom and dad are having a good time at Disneyland, even though it is not complete without me, I just make every thing more fun. :0) Glad Melanie is working hard. (I'm not!! hehe!!) Well I will send the pics next time and that's it, that's all I got!!

Love ya guys,
Elder Kyle

1 comment:

eppie said...

ewwwwwwwwwww! you ate dog???????? that would creep me out if i had to! i`m glad that you were brave enough though! glad your feeling better!
--emily