Well how's it going? First of all, thank you for all the comments!! It is great to have the support and uplifting words from family. Well my birthday wasn't really that eventful. We are having a 4th of July party so I have decided to combine it with my birthday. :0) I got a call today from President Marchant, he called to wished me a happy birthday, it was pretty cool. Today we watched "The Best Two Years" with the other Elders, went shopping, taught English, then now email. That was my day today. These last couple of days we have been focusing on finding potential investigators. Because the people we can teach that haven't already rejected are running low. Pak Setiabudi is down to almost 2 smokes a day, so for one week that is pretty good. We will be going and seeing him tomorrow. Lately we have been teaching the missionary preparation class, in August there are going to be 15 Indonesian missionaries entering the MTC. It is really cool. Oh ya, Banjarsari is the area\branch I serve in. Solo has four branches and now I am in Jebres and Banjarsari. For about another week or two. Our other investigators are normal, they haven't yet decided and we don't really know their desires. Something that I found that is very delicious in Indonesia is Fuyang hie. It is a giant egg fried with veggies and stuff, with like a soup, that is really more like sweet and sour sauce. It is tasty.
Ya so still about the same in Solo. It is easier to find people that want to learn, than in Bandung. But we definitely have more rejection, because well it is like the most common thing people say is that the most important thing is that we follow Jesus Christ and that all Christian Churches are the same, we all follow the same Lord. So we get a lot of, I already have a church. So it makes it hard. Bandung more of the people are Muslims, so it is hard to find people to teach.
Ok that is about it for now. Hope you guys have a great 4th of July. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and send some next time.
Love you all!
Elder Kyle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
KYLE!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a little late, but..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you buddy!!
-Jamie
Post a Comment