Ya, every thing is good here. First things first Happy Birthday to Teniah!! Sounds like everything is going good, dad got a new calling and will be able to be close to mom.
Well zone conference was great, it started Sunday night and ended about 4 in the afternoon on Monday. We talked a lot about chapter 4 in "preach my gospel". It is a great chapter. I learned, well I already knew that every one has the light of Christ, it helps people choose between good and bad. What I didn't know was the holy ghost works through the light of Christ, when teaching people that haven't received the gift of the holy ghost. It was interesting.
No, the new missionaries haven't come yet. I don't know if they are having problems at immigration or if it is just taking longer then normal. President said hopefully next Tuesday is when they will come.
With Pak Setiabudi, we haven't been able to teach him again. His wife and daughter have forbidden him to come to church. So we are trying to meet with him at work, but because of zone conference, haven't had time yet. We have quite a few new investigators too, but none that are yet, excited, I guess would be a good word.
My companions name is Elder Setiawan he is from Semarang. He is the only member in his family. He has been out for nine months and has only served in one branch. We get along great.
The missionary prep class, now has a teacher so we don't have to teach any more. On August 12, 16 Indonesians will enter the MTC in the Philippines. 4 from Solo, 1 from our branch. It is great! Yesterday he fellowshiped us and helped us teach.
Well that's about it, oh, ya about Jakarta, President says everything is up and running. It is back to normal. So it didn't last too long and Senopati is fairly far away too.
Ya that's everything, I love you guys!
Elder Kyle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Elder Topham:
You look so cool in your Indonesian shorts!!!!
We are glad that you weren't anywhere near the hotels that were hit by terrorists 2 weeks ago. When I saw that on TV I was only worried until they said that an expensive hotel was hit and I knew that you couldn't possibly be somewhere that was expensive.
So being a poor missionary really has alot of perks!
Hope things will go better with your investigator "S". And I hope that the new missionaries will arrive soon so that your work load will be allieviated soon.
Kyle keep up the good work...you are such a great example to my grandchildren. Uncle Darryl and I so much appreciate everything you do. You have set the standard high for all of us!
Love and prayers.
Uncle Darryl and Aunt Susie
Post a Comment