Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Zone Conference

Well had a busy week last week. We went a day earlier for zone conference, to get interviewed. He is different than President Marchant. He is a great guy though. He talked about President Esplin and how he was his first companion. He also says to say hi to President Esplin. So I might not actually be moving again. I might be in Bekasi for the rest of my mission. That's what I think he kind of hinted to any ways. Not a problem though I like it here even though, it is a little bit harder. He told me I needed to be more consistent in working out to. I have a problem that in the mornings if I sit in my chair working out doesn't usually happen. Well we talked about going home a little. He asked me what I thought my mom would say about me if she was in the interview. Then I went out and Sister Groberg took my picture and asked me a few questions too. We went and proselyted in Jakarta for a while. Ate a really good hamburger. Then walked back to the mission office. Then I got to take a hot shower and it was very satisfying. The next day was zone conference. We talked a lot about finding people again. President Groberg shared a scripture about Paul and how he would find people to teach. He also told us there are three kinds of people. There are those that just right out reject, there are those that don't have the time right then, and then there are those that receive. We figured we have to talk to at least 20 to find 1 person that actually wants to learn. I think my average is a little bit more than that too. Then we did some more role plays with power statements, but this time power statements that answer the questions of the soul. It was a very good zone conference. Well I am doing fine, I still sweat a lot and am very tired most of the time. I am still doing great all around. We met one of our contacts, her and her husband were very nice and asked lots of questions. The others though fell into the other category of not having any time now. Oh I forgot, after zone conference we got to play futsal in the rain. It was very fun, but President was scared for injuries because it was very slippery. It was still really fun though. Well that's it!
Love you!
Elder Kyle

No comments: