Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!!




Here's a few pictures from the program the Elders did at the mall. Isn't Kyle just the best Santa!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Well it sounds like everyone had a great time for New Years. 2010, the time has gone so fast and I am now no longer in the double digits, I only have 9 months left. It's crazy. Elder Eliott goes home in about 25 more days. It is starting to freak him out a bit. His parents are coming though, to tour Indonesia with him before he goes home.

New Years Eve we went to the church and we played games and ate with the branch. Then on New Years Day, night we had like a barbecue with some of the students of the English class. We had a good time. English is still going good we have about 7 or 8 people that come on a regular basis. Yesterday we had about 15 people, we had a good time. We talked about emotions and then played telephone. They all had fun.

Well as for food, I eat rice maybe 3 or 4 times a day, usually with chicken or some kind of vegetable. I am really liking the fresh juice now. I am addicted, the fruit is just so good here. It rains pretty much everyday now, so every once and awhile we get soaked, but for the most part it rains only at night. The work is going good, it is starting to pick up again after the holiday. We had a hard time meeting with our investigators because they were all out of town visiting family or the had something else planned. We have an investigator his name is Nathan. He has a lot of interest about learning the gospel. He has come to church once but then because of the holiday couldn't come again. We are going to try and call him tonight. Well that's about it.

Love you guys and hope you like the pictures!!

Elder Kyle

2 comments:

Jamie Bayer said...

Kyle!!!!

You're pictures are great!! It's so fun seeing what you're doing over in Indonesia. I can't believe you only have 9 months left. Crazy!!! Joe and I decided that we want to come to Indonesia to pick you up. But I'm not sure that that is legal. But it would still be rather awesome! I'm in school again... blah. Only two more semesters left for me , and then it's off to the real world... I hope you're having a great time, and I'm very excited for you to come home. I honestly don't think Joe and I ever have a conversation that doesn't end with, "I miss Kyle" Know that we both love and miss you, and can't wait to see you!!

Love, Jamie

jippythpirate said...

Hey Face! (that means you kyle)

You make the best Santa! I just hope you got all the milk and cookies you deserved on christmas eve. ok well jamie and i were talking today about an earthquake in haiti, and then all the earthquakes in indonesia. i told jamie there's only one person in indonesia we care about and jamie said "no, there are a lot of people we care about in indonesia; kyle, and all the people that feed kyle!" haha it was awesome. anyways, that's all i got this week. life's good, school's good. i'm going to watch a snowboarding competition this weekend it should be awesome. eat some rice for me!

Guy Love,
Joe