Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hey Guys

Well I hope Joe is doing better, and gets over his pig flu. It is cool that he is going to UVU too. Well Semarang is, well lets just say there is only one city that is hotter then here. Ya it was hot the first day I got here, but it just keeps increasing. I have been here one week now and I am starting to learn more of the area. There are lots of new members here that we visit. So I am still getting to know the investigators. We have had 3 people come to the church while we were there for English, and ask to be taught. It is kind of cool, but it has been very hard to get return appointments. Me and Elder Citra, are having a good time though. Next time I will send a picture of him and me; so you know what he looks like. The English class here is very small or people are on holiday. Ramadan has started, the Muslim month of fast and the first week, no school. So maybe they will start coming again next week. The pictures of the wedding, ya they were members and relatives of my companion, so we got to go. It was very interesting. Oh I forgot to tell you I don't know if you noticed, but the photo of me and my companion, with what looks like two girls and a guy. "The girl" that I am standing next to is actually a guy. Ya it freaked me out, but that is Indonesia. There are a lot of gender confused people here. It is scary some times. Well that's about it for today.

love you guys

Elder Kyle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elder Topham,
Well our scriptures scouts
"Zion Mall Shopping" went really well. However the part where we went to our Hallmark shop/my bedroom to use the computer to write you letters had a little qlitch. Uncle Darryl accidentally
eased all the letters from Ashten, Amaya, and Gavin and me. So back to square one...we will send you all the letters by regular mail. It will take longer but the family will now have to re-write their letters. So hopefully you'll get it by Halloween!!! Stay Cool!!!
(That was a very bad joke)
Love, Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Elder Kyle!

Hi, it's joe. ya know the friend that never talks to you anymore. well i'm trying to fix that. i sent an "appropriately" sized letter to catch you up on everything that's going on with me. i gave it to the post man today. hopefully it gets there soon. dag! i wanted to be the one that told you i moved. it's all very exciting. hope everything is cool with you! good luck with the heat. i know how miserable that can be. with much guy love

joe phillips