Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Area!

Well I am now in one of the hottest cites! Sorry I didn't have time to email yesterday, we had a training with the APs in the morning then after that we ate and then me and my new companion, Elder Citra, sat on a bus for three hours, then took a taxi to my new home in Semarang.

I will send you photos of the parade for the Independence Day in Indonesia, it was very cool. Here it is called Hari Tujubelas, translation 17 day. It was awesome though, lots of culture.

(If this is culture? This just scares me!)Talk about intimidation!!My new area like I said is very hot! Last night it didn't cool down! Needless to say we went to the ATM just to stand in the A/C. (I don't know about you all, but I was totally cracking up!!!) Today we started with weekly planning so I got to hear about our investigators. There are two progressive and a lot of others. Today we are meeting with some of the members and then one of the investigators, his name is Lardi. My companion says he is very funny. It is kind of weird now I have become a senior companion, and now have a little more responsibility.
Well I am looking forward to the package and the candy and also the razors, the razors here are just not as good. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and the support. Everyone have fun going back to school and work. Oh there is one more thing I have to say, I have given more blood in Indonesia then I ever gave in America. So Mom don't worry about it, it goes fast. You will have a laugh or two from these photos. Some are from a wedding I went to as well. I love this picture!!! It really shows how tall Kyle is compared to the Indonesians!!

Love you guys!

Elder Kyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elder Topham:
So...a Senior Companion now,
Good Work!!! I loved the 17 day pictures. It shows that you are not in Kansas anymore.
Holy Cow!!! I am so proud of you.

You look great...kinda of like a white tower of pieza Check my spelling) leaning over everyone. But most of all I'm glad you are not sick anymore and in good health. I hope your new area will be good and productive. Lot of people willing to listen to the Gospel.

On Friday you will be part of our Scripture Scouts. We are going to
The Zion Mall (it's made up ... at
my house). Store #1, Journeys ( Follow in the Footsteps of Jesus) Store #2, Hallmark, where you care enough to send the very best...this is where we will write letters and make a package for you. Store #3, Verizon..stay connected to Heavenly Father, Store #4 Deseret Book, a shopping spree with monopoly money to but CTR braclets etc. and lastly Store #4 Cinnabon, where we eat Cinnamon Rolls. Hope this activity goes well, it was sucessful at YW's last week.
Lots of Love,
Uncle Darryl and Aunt Susie