Thursday, April 9, 2009

Earthquake!! Everyone has gone CRAZY!

APRIL FOOLS!!! I forgot to do that last time so, had to make up for it. :0)

I haven't actually got to hear conference yet; we ended up not going to Jakarta. We will go next week for the zone conference and activity. We will watch conference this Sat. and Sun. at the church here. They haven't said anything about a priesthood session so I might not get to watch it. So dad you will have to tell me more about it.

My companion has been sick the last couple of days; we came home early Monday and then Tuesday called the President and told him we weren't going to be able to go out because he was feeling even worse. It is weird but I think he had a really bad cold/flu type thing. I am still healthy and strong. Him being sick gave me a chance to study the scriptures and to write a talk on leadership, for next week at zone conference if I get chosen to give the talk.

We haven't been able to meet with the Bang Martin and his family this week. Last week their son Yisah was sick and then Elder Siregar was sick. Sis Rossi and her family are doing good. We have been reading the Book of Mormon with her father. At one time he had a baptismal date as well, then he heard some bad stuff about the church and now we are working with him again. We had a lady come to church, that use to be an investigator but it has been like a year and a half. She is kind of not all there, so we were told by the members to just stay clear. We are trying to contact our referrals and people we contacted a while ago. So far we have been rejected by 1 and the rest haven't answered their phones. Arif, one of the only people that comes to the English class at the church, wants me to teach him, how to write academic essays. Which is very ironic because that is the one thing that I hate most about English and probably the worst attribute of English I have, other then spelling now! It will be an experience.

That is all I have to report today.

Love ya all,
Elder Kyle

Thank you for the message Richard and family, it is always good to hear from family!!

No comments: