Friday, November 20, 2009

Up coming plans

So we have had a week pass with my new companion. It has been a pretty good week. We have been visiting our investigators, proselyting and all that good old missionary work. Well next Wednesday we are going to Solo for Thanksgiving. All missionaries are getting 5 dollars added to their accounts to eat. It should be pretty fun. (Wonder if 5$ is enough for Kyle to eat!) Then we have been invited by a investigator, to his friends house, that is from America, to eat Thanksgiving dinner. That isn't sure yet. Today we are going to go to Sam Poo Kong a Chinese temple. It should be pretty fun.

Pretty soon I will actually be going back to Jakarta for a little while, because my Kitas needs to be renewed. I have almost been in Indonesia for a year. It is a weird feeling. It feels like I have been here for a lot longer than that. I don't know if I will move or if I will just go there for a few days and then come back.

Christmas in Indonesia is different because there are so many different religions here, a lot of people don't celebrate Christmas. I think we will probably go to Solo again or there will probably be a party at the branch here.

I think there might be a radio at the church that can use tapes. Ya, razors is one thing I need, other than that I will just wait to be surprised. I am glad to hear grandma is doing better and that she got my letter. It is also great to hear about Travis and Rochell. Send my regards.

Love you all!!
Elder Kyle

PS Have you heard anything about Joe, yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elder Topham:
We hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving
and bought alot of food with your
extra $5.00!!!
Adam and Jorja, Alisa and Matt and
all our cutie grandkids came for
dinner at our house. What a riot!!!
We played Mario Cart on the Wii, watched football, ate, went on hike
where Moroni could have hid from the
Lamanites, ate, went shopping at 4:00
am, ate, dressed up like pirates and went on a treasure hunt and ate some
more at Pirate's Island. That was a
great 2 days!!!
We love you and hope things go well
with your new companion. We think you
are great!!!
Love, Uncle Darryl and Aunt Susie

eppie said...

I hope five dollars can buy a ton of food in Indonesia! How tall are you now? So proud of you!

eppie said...

We hope $5.00 can buy a ton a food in Indonesia:) How tall are you now???? We are so proud of you!