What's up guys?
Well I just finished up from zone conference. It was very good. We had a member of the 70 there. His name is Elder Watson, he comes from Parowan. He also spoke in general conference this month. In other words it was really good. We learned15 tips to become a good missionary. The first tip was to write your parents every week, the second was to shine your shoes everyday. Then we also learned about the plan of salvation and what we can learn about in the Book of Mormon.
Well I have a challenge for you guys, I want you to go into "Preach My Gospel", under the section of the Book of Mormon, Ch 5 I believe, then go to the very end and under Mission President there is a task, that you read the Book of Mormon and mark a few specific things. It is one thing Elder Watson talked about. I have already started doing it. It is kind of funny since I have been on my mission I have read the Book of Mormon 3 times, before I read it once and then didn't really read it again. I have found I never learn the same thing, it is always different. I have also started reading it all the way through in my mission language, it is kind of hard, but I am doing pretty good. I have also started studying the old testament, that is very hard, but there are lots of good things there as well.
Well not much has changed this week my companion might move and I will receive a new companion, but that is not sure yet. The food was really good and I ate to much again, but I didn't really care.
Well that's it love you guys!
Elder Kyle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Read the Book of Mormon itself. Read it again and again. Ponder its beauty. Reflect upon its many magnificent passages. Think of the complexity of the detail of its historical accounts. Pray about it, and the Holy Ghost will bear record to you, as He has to me and to millions of others, that it is the word of God, a voice crying from the dust to this generation in declaration of the divinity and the reality of the Lord Jesus Christ as the living Son of the living God."
--President Gordon B. Hinckley, Sept. 2003
Dear Kyle, Thanks for the challenge to read, study and ponder the Book of Mormon. You're a wonderful example of how it can help you in your life.
Love you lots, Mom
Darryl and I just finished the
Book of Mormon this summer with a
challenge from our friends on
"Read the Scriptures.com". We lost
the challenge by a couple of days but to read the Book of Mormon in just 90 days was a first for us!
It was the best...so much more meaningful than the read a chapter everyday. We pledge to find our Preach the Gospel Booklet and try the New Challenge that way. Thanks Elder Topham...we love you and are sooooo proud of your excellent work in Indonesia.
Love, Uncle Darryl and Aunt Sue
Post a Comment