Thursday, September 3, 2009

Teaching English during Ramadan

Well I forgot to take pictures, sorry! We got busy. Well not much has changed, it is still deadly hot and my bike is horrible. I finally taught English here in Semarang. There were only 4 people, but they all like to talk and are pretty funny. We did introductions. Sorry I spelled Ramadan wrong last time. Ya, it is kind of weird, lots of the places to eat are closed until close to 6 pm. The Muslim people have this whole schedule that they have to follow. Like they have a certain time they have to wake up and like that it is kind of weird. Every once and a while it is hard to find food. Which is very hard on the life of a missionary (Kyle especially!!!). We are getting ready for another zone conference and zone trip, next week. Then after that we should be bringing back to more Elders to Semarang. There are a quite a few new members here so lately we have been teaching them along with our investigators. Ya there isn't to much to report this week.

Well love you guys keep working hard and having fun!
Elder Kyle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elder Topham,
It sounds like you had one miserable week!!! When does the spring come to Indonesia? I hope it will be soon. Or do the seasons change....or does it just have hot, hotter, and extremely
hot like it is right now? If so I hope the hot season will come very soon. May the Lord bless you for all your valiant efforts...We are so proud of you.
Uncle Darryl and Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Dear Elder Kyle, I am so blessed that you are serving a mission. I know that sounds strange, but your mom and dad are reading the scriptures on-line and because of that so am I. You are an inspritaion to me. I am tring to share my testimony, I like the quote from Prs. Monson" You can share your testimony in many ways, by the words you speak, by the example you set, by the manner in which you live your live." You are doing all of that and I love for it. Be safe, be strong and know that you are loved very much. Aunt Joella