Thursday, March 26, 2009

AP and a baptism

I will be going to watch conference in Jakarta and we will be having another zone conference. I do expect to know what your thoughts are about conference and I will try to tell you what I learned, I will be listening to it in Indonesian. It should be fun.

Well the last couple of days were really fun. I went on my first exchanges with the AP's. It was really cool we contacted so many people and so many referrals and new investigators its keren (cool). The AP's are Elder Anderson and Elder Putra. They left this morning and I got to spend a whole day with each one. It was crazy fun to work with others.

We talked about baptism with Bang Martin and his family. Him and his wife aren't quite ready, they don't have their own testimonies yet. They want Sanba to be baptized; we talked about how we want the family to be together, but they want him to be baptized, so we set a date for April 26. Its kind of weird here in Indonesia they get baptized on Sunday and then confirmed the next Sunday. They said because no one would come other wise. It is very cool though.

Talking to people is still weird but it is getting better. It is so different, in America if you woke someone up while they were sleeping and asked them where they were going they would be pretty mad, but here it is totally different. they wake right up and are happy to talk to you. Here to start the conversation all you have to do is state the obvious like its raining ya. they could be soaked and in America you would be like no its not raining, I'm just soaked. It so funny. I am having such a great time here in Indonesia. learning a lot.

Well love you guys work hard, have fun, enjoy life.

Elder Kyle
This is their little mouse friend...don't know if he made it? hehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome adventure! Keep up the good work. You are missed but you are also in the right place. Love You Elder Kyle. (Camie, Shelbee & Kelsie send there Love Too. Richie