Hello family!!
First I am going to answer all of moms questions, ok here I go! I am feeling great still tired, but lots of work to do. My feet feel good, still in the process of getting rid of my athletes foot. It isn't spreading though so I should be ok. My stomach is great! Today I made so much Nasi Goreng we both felt like we were going to explode, but it was good. My clothes are holding up good, no rips, still strong. We have small washing machines but no dryer. My hair cut went fine, I forgot to take pictures, but it looks pretty much the same just shorter! The guy had a hard time cutting the hair on the top of my head, he was fairly short. Well I finally received the packages this Sunday. Thank you so much! The Pringles were a hit. I gave one of the cinnamon hearts to one of the Indonesian Elders at zone conference. His face was priceless, Indonesians don't like American candy for some reason.
This week was pretty hectic, because of zone conference. It was on Sunday at 4 o'clock we have church until 12 and it can take 2 to 3 hours to get to Jakarta. With Elder and Sister Davis gone we had to take Travel; it's like a charter bus, but a van and it only has six seats. Then once we get to Jakarta we have an half an hour to a hour taxi ride to the church so we were pushing it kind of close. I got to lead the music in the first section of zone conference. It had been a long time and took me a while to get into it. The first section was about statistics, we did a lot better these last 6 weeks. Both in zone and mission stats. Then we ate dinner in Senopati. It was spaghetti, cheese bread, rice, banana bread, cookies, lots of different things. Then we had french toast in the morning for breakfast. The Asia Area doctor Elder was here with his wife to give a presentation about how to stay healthy and to visit with a couple of the Elders. Then President talked about diligence. We also learned how to better follow up on commitments. We did roll plays with our companions. Mine was we had an investigator come to a baptismal service and I had to follow it up. My companion made it very hard for me. I got through it though. Then at the end Travel was all full for the day so we ended up staying with the Elders in Jakarta Raya. Then in the morning heading back to Bandung.
Today for p-day we did more cleaning and some shopping. I deep cleaned the kitchen, it was a very hard thing to do. I had my first run in with a rat a couple of days ago and once again I forgot to take pictures. It was pretty funny though.
We still meet with Sis Rossi and Bang Martin and his family every week. We have started into the 4th lesson with Bang Martin, the commandment lesson. So we are thinking about giving Kak Yuli and Sanba the commitment of baptism, they are almost ready, during the baptism section. In the next couple of days we are going to give Bang Martin the commitment to quit smoking.
Well love you guys lots keep writing. I will be more diligent in taking pictures. Sorry about the spelling, I thought my spelling was bad before, but the more Indonesian I learn the worse it gets. (It might not look like it, gift of spell check!)
Love you guys!!
Elder Kyle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment