Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rollin' Along

Well hello,

I don't have any new pictures this week sorry. Nothing too exciting happened this week. We decided to just kind of stay home do some cleaning and stuff like that for p-day today. It was nice to just rest for a while.

We have talked to him (not quite sure who 'he' is, I am thinking it is a new investigator?? ) some more. He comes to English every once and a while. He lives over by Sister Rossi, so we go and visit him after we talk to her and her family. I am not sure what he thinks about us. He asks a lot of questions and we haven't yet started teaching him the lessons. We will see what happens. Sister Rossi is doing good, but she hasn't been able to come to church for the last few weeks because her father needs someone with him at all times. Now that she has moved back in with them she seems to be the only one that does anything. Her daughter Vera works twice a month on Sunday. They are still doing good things though, they pray and read together as a family. Bang Martin and his family are doing great! They are asking good questions; we are on lesson three, but they still have questions about the plan of salvation. Kak yuli is Bang Martian's wife. They missed church last Sunday because they were in a different city but they wanted to be there. They are so nice to us they feed us, then they drive us to wherever we have to go next. They are really progressing. This last week we had a really hard time meeting with people. No one had time or they would call and cancel at the last minute. This week has started out a little better though; hopefully it continues.

Lehi's dream, I haven't ever really pondered or really studied it; I will do it for personal study sometime. It is a really good thing, then there are lots of good things in the Book of Mormon. I have found that Alma is a great example to me. He goes out by himself to preach to whole cities. His faith and determination are so strong. Then he joins with Amulek and then nothing can stop them. It is a great story.

I haven't had to talk yet, but I have prepared a talk on increasing faith. They told me I would be talking if one of the speakers didn't show up. I do get to teach priesthood though this week, about fasting and praying and how it helps in priesthood. It will be interesting. It helps focus my language study.

Ya the food started out tasting funny and not so good. Now though I just eat everything and most of it tastes really good. I have eaten tomatoes, broccoli, sprouts, pretty much anything I have said I wouldn't eat! I have eaten it and it doesn't taste too bad. So tastes do change and if you eat stuff enough times it will taste good after a while!

Well that is about all I have time for.
Love you guys,
Elder Kyle

No comments: