Hello guys,
I am in my new area now with my new companion. My new area is Bangdun. My new companion is a native from Bogor (my first area). His name is Elder Siregar. He is a really cool guy. He likes to draw and is really good. He likes video games and cartoons, so we get along great. The house here is smaller then the one in Bogor but it is a little bit nicer. We shower out of a basin now in stead of a bucket. The water in Bogor was cold, but here it is even colder. Sometimes it feels good and other times you just don't want to shower. Bangdun is a very big area again and there are only two of us. Here though they just lost a whole bunch of investigators so we don't teach much except to the new members which there are quite a few of. So we get to do a lot of proselyting here. I have met with some of the new members already and they are all really good people. We have a mission couple here Bro. and Sis. Davis. They are really nice. Their mission is over in about a month though. They are really big in to teaching English. Sis. Davis is the one that put our big binders of English lessons together.
Today for my first p-day we are just kind of going to go walk around then we are playing basketball at the church. Tonight is my first English lesson, but the ones at the church usually the Davis' teach, so i don't have to. The classes we teach at the universities don't start 'til Feb. My Indonesian is getting better, I understand more and I can say a little bit more.
Well I am doin' good, lovin' it here. Keep me updated.
Love Elder Kyle
(Just a note: I do believe that Kyle is looking at the blog...so if you want to say a little HELLO or something...Please please leave a comment! I will make sure that he gets them one way or another! :0) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
um, hi kyle!? apparently you can read these..maybe? haha well whatev' my new goal is to comment on ever single new one cause that's what cool people do.
That is so cool your companion is awesome, i bet it was nerve racking getting a new companion. Everyone here still asks me about you. wondering if you are doing ok, jamie and i like to joke around and think of what you are doing or what you would do in different situations. Keep rockin the indonesia land! I'm going to try and send you a valentines package. hope it works :)
Post a Comment