Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Indonesian Language

We have been wondering how Kyle was doing with the language, and also wanted to know some words in Indonesian. This was his reply.
Bagaimanu kabarnya? (How are you?) To answer you would say Baik (Good) or Lumyaion (Alright). Selamat Pagi is Good Morning and Selamat Malam is Good Night. Right now I probley know like 300 words, maybe. I can pray and bear testimony in "Indo" (this is what the missionaries call it!) I can teach the first lesson and half of the second fairly well. Then I know like knife, fork, mountain, fat and skinny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

w00t!! first comment ever! from anyone! kyle is such an incredibly awesome man. sounds like you're having the time of your life man! my letter skills are slacking. i apologize. but i got one leaving today. i'm going to have to try that five cookie thing out for myself...